My focus on this project was to converge energy, communication and circulation of this lonely abandoned alleyway in the crowded city downtown.
My proposal was to change it into a TED talk stage, where people exchange ideas and creativities, character key word is “Convergence”, the dull alleyway should be hopeful again.
- Studied surrounding architecture and city history, arcade history and culture, and existing architecture style
- Documenting alleyway existing condition study and character analysis + documentation (photos, site visits, plan sections and elevations)
- Alleyway proposal, TED event study
- Multiple stages of ideations, sketches, drawings and models.
- Final proposal (model, section, plan, diagram, thumb-nail precedents)